Saturday 7 May 2016

POWERDRUNK...A TALE OF MONEY, POWER AND RESPECT EPISODE 3

If you missed episode 1, click  HERE
If you missed episode 2, click  HERE


Bang! Bang!! Bang!!!

Abayomi (yomi) hit the giant iron gate with a huge force at quick successions.

ABAYOMI: Open this gate!!!

MUSA: Na who I be?

The bang continued. Musa was left with no choice but to look through the peephole on the gate. The security light made Abayomi’s face visible.

MUSA: Kai, na Junior oga. (opening the gate) welcome.

Abayomi rushed in, pushed Musa out of the way and charged straight for the main building. The loud bangs at the gate woke Mrs. Evelyn Adebayo up from sleep. Out of curiousity, she places a call to Musa’s intercom

MUSA: Hello, Madam

EVELYN: Musa what is all that noise at the gate?

MUSA: Madam, na junior oga

EVELYN: What do you mean by junior oga.

MUSA: Na oga Abayomi.

Mrs. Adebayo hung up immediately and rushed downstairs to the living room. Abayomi was already at the door, knocking hard. The noise woke everybody up and they all rushed to the living room, including the cook, the house keeper and the gardener.

EVELYN: Abayomi, take it easy.(instructing the maid)Go and open the door.
Abayomi rushed in immediately, pushing the maid to the ground.

EVELYN: Abayomi, what is your problem? It is almost 9pm. What is chasing you? How come you are here?

YOMI: Mom see just stop all these questions please. You people sent me to rehab and …..

EVELYN: Shut up Yomi.(looking at the maids) All non-family members should leave this room now!!!!

They all leave, leaving Mojirade and Femi, Yomi’s siblings behind.

EVELYN: Yomi, please sit down. Let us all sit down please. Mojirade, get a glass of water from the refrigerator for your brother; please do not forget to mix a few drops of CLRS alka-drink solution with the water to boost the purity.

After he had drunk, she continued

EVELYN: Yomi my love, why are you so agitated?

YOMI: (bursting into tears) I keep trying to please you guys, I try to get clean, being a coke addict is bad but I am trying my best to fight it, all for you and dad.

EVELYN: Yes, we know. That is why we took you to rehab. How come you left?

YOMI: I had to leave mom. I left because I heard that this supposed family of mine would be doing a TV interview with me absent. I only agreed to go to rehab because of public appearance and now you people wanna side-line me.

MOJIRADE: Brother Yomi, its not like that. I am sure they were gonna tell you along the line.

EVELYN: Yomi, you know that is not possible. You are still a part of this family. We still love you.

YOMI: I am not talking about love here; I am talking about the fact that you all want me out of this family because I embarrass you. As for dad, I am sure the man wants nothing to do with me so I don’t derail his governorship ambition.

EVELYN: Baby, please don’t say that.

Infuriated, Yomi slams the glass he was holding on the ground

YOMI: Stop lying to me!!!!

EVELYN: Yomi calm down. What do you want me to say?

The sound the shattered glass made drew all the maids out of their rooms again.

EVELYN: I said this before, all non-family members should remain out of sight and stay in their rooms. Do not allow me repeat myself!!!! Yomi, the truth is that we all love you, I love you, Moji loves you, Femi loves you, we all do and quite frankly, you are scaring us all.

FEMI: Brother Yomi, please take it easy.

YOMI: Even you do not believe that dad loves me. You didn’t add him to the list of those who love me. He hates me, he hates what I have become, he hates the fact that I bear his name.

EVELYN: Baby, don’t say that. He sent you to the best schools.

YOMI: And I returned an addict, one he can’t showcase in public. Mom, I have stayed clean for months, all in a bid to be okay when the interviews start. Today, I realized it was all a futile effort. Sniffed some cocaine before I got here and I must tell you, it felt good.

EVELYN: (shocked) You took coke this evening? How? When? Where? How were you able to afford it?

YOMI: I needed to feel ‘alright’ for what I planned doing this evening.

He picks up a piece of the shattered glass and puts it on his wrist. His mother immediately kneels down to plead with him

EVELYN: Please do not do this Yomi.

YOMI: Mom, can’t you see that this is the only solution that works for everybody? I rest in peace and the family name is still intact.

EVELYN: Your siblings will be traumatised, I would be traumatised also, even your dad.

YOMI: You lie again mom!!!!!!! Dad would be very happy. Infact, with me gone, he should have an embarrassment-free campaign. I know how politics works.

EVELYN: Okay, I am sorry, only your siblings and I will be traumatised. Please put down that glass for our sake.

FEMI: Bro.Yomi, please put down that glass. It hasn’t gotten to this level. Dying like this is dying without a course.

Like a beacon of hope, Yomi drops the glass

YOMI: I need to die for a course; I need to attract attention with my death.

EVELYN: E ma gba me keh. Abayomi, Femi is not saying you should die oh.

YOMI: Ooh mom, I get it now.(laughing) The words are crystal clear now. I hear the clear voice. My father thought he could shield me from the media; well he should prepare for what is coming next.

EVELYN: Yomi, your father loves you, that’s why he did all he has done so far.

YOMI: Oh yes, I agree. He loves me. Now I would invite the world to come see just how Dr. Smith showers his love on me. Mom, please give me the phone number of the interviewer.

EVELYN: (Standing up) I can’t do that Yomi.

Yomi laughs in this very evil manner

YOMI: Mom, I have no axe to grind with you, I just need the number.

EVELYN: Yomi, you are biting way more than you can chew

YOMI: Woman, do I look like I am in a mood to listen to parables? (he picks up a piece of the glass again and threatens to harm himself) I need the number!!!!!!!!!

EVELYN: I will not be blackmailed by my son. Yomi, I don’t even have the number

YOMI: I believe you.

He makes a cut on his left thumb and on one of his fingers

YOMI: This surely feels good. Such sweet pain. I won’t stop until I get the number.

FEMI: Mum, please just give him the number.

MOJIRADE: Is this number worth the death of your son? Just give it to him.

YOMI: Mom, you under-estimate my rant. Look, I came here prepared to die and truly, this is sweet pain. The next cut may just hit a vein or it could even be my wrist so do think clearly before you answer me; where is her number?

Evelyn describes where she kept the reporter’s buisness card.

YOMI: Femi, pls go get the card. You have just 60 seconds else another sweet cut lands on my body.

Femi rushes in, gets the card and returns in 45secs.

YOMI: I just love how red my blood looks. Its not gushing out yet but I am sure it would soon. That would be a sight to behold indeed. Femi, dial her number. What is her name?

FEMI: Sandra Okey

YOMI: What a lovely name.

Femi dials Sandra’s number using the landline in the sitting room.

FEMI: It is ringing

YOMI: Activate the loudspeaker

SANDRA: Hello, good evening Mrs. Adebayo

YOMI: Sandra, this is Yomi, Mrs.Adebayo’s son. How fast can you get to our residence?

SANDRA: Is everything okay?

YOMI: You do not ask questions Sandra. I am telling you to get your camera and crew down here for a family re-union exclusive.

SANDRA: I am sorry but I still do not know who you are Mr.  Yomi

EVELYN: Sandra, this is Mrs. Adebayo. Please just do whatever he says and be fast about it.

YOMI: How fast can you get here?

SANDRA: In 45mins.

YOMI: You have 20mins; 30mins tops. Mind you, if you don’t arrive early enough, you would miss out on this awesome exclusive.

SANDRA: I am coming!!!!!!!!!! (hangs up)

EVELYN: Yomi, what is your gameplan?

YOMI: Dying for a course. Dying and showing it to the world. It just occurred to me that the ‘almighty’ Dr. Smith hasn’t come to welcome me. Where is my beloved father?

FEMI: He went for a meeting with the party chieftains; he should be back soon.

YOMI: Ooh then, I guess we should all move outside to properly welcome him when he drives in.

EVELYN: I am not moving an inch till you come back to your senses, drop that glass and allow me stitch you up.

YOMI: (laughing) Mom, you seem to think I care about hurting my body, I truly don’t.  Even the pain I feel right now is my “high”, it is sweet pain. The type my body is now used to and longs for. Do allow me show you what I mean(he makes 2 more cuts on his other fingers of his left hand). Awesome feeling indeed!!! Mom I think I am gradually running out of fingers; my wrist is my next point of call so we can all stay here and watch me cut my wrist or we all move outside…………and allow the world watch me gut myself.

EVELYN: Femi are you still there? Start moving jor. Oya Moji follow your brother, I am just behind you

YOMI: Thank you for obeying.

All 4 of them move outside and Yomi continues

YOMI: Don’t you just love nature? You feel that cool breeze. I see my blood is dropping alittle faster now; not as fast as I would have wanted it to though. Mom just behave yourself and maybe you would endup saving me.

EVELYN: Now that we are here, what next?

YOMI: Femi, this is your house so you go find me the keg of petrol and do be fast about it.

EVELYN: Yomi what is wrong with…

YOMI: Mom do remember I am running out of fingers, you don’t wanna irk me any further by asking questions. Just obey and hush hush. So as we were saying Femi; we shall make a huge bonfire with this beautiful garden here to give the camera guys enough light for their video.

Femi sets out and finds a 25litre keg close by.

YOMI: Sprinkle the garden Femi, just imagine you are pouring water and do not try anything funny.

While Femi was at this, Dr. Smith’s SUV pulls into the compound. Seeing this unique scene, Dr. Smith jumped out of the car even before it grounded to a halt.

DR. SMITH: What is going on here?

Before he could get an answer, Sandra and her camera crew force their way into the residence while Musa was closing the gate.

YOMI: This is just dope(laughing). You all arrive together. Welcome to my reality show.

DR. SMITH: Yomi, what nonsense is this?

YOMI: Shut the F up dad. Femi why are you taking so long!!!

EVELYN: Please let us all calm down

FEMI: I am done!!

YOMI: Light it up bruv!!!

DR. SMITH: No!! No!!!! wait!!!

EVELYN:
No!!!!! Femi no!!! just wait

SANDRA: Segun why are you looking at me like a dullard? Bring out your camera and start rolling now!!!!!!!!!!!

YOMI: Light that shit up Femi, let the Heavens feel the fire!!!


MOJIRADE: (screaming in a very high pitch) STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catch the next episode of this adventure next week Saturday.

For those interested in placing an order for a Crystal Life Resources Solution Ltd (CLRS) alka-drink and for other CLRS products, including baby wipes, fertilisers, omega 3/fish oil and V-wash, please call Violet on 08058429918 or 08179384610.

To advertise with us and feature in our storylines, please call Anthony on 08172583095 or send us a mail at kentebe.anthony@gmail.com.

Do endeavour to share the posts with friends.

Feel free to drop your comments and contributions.

For mobile phones,

Follow us on twitter @Frozenhuman1
Subscribe to our BBM channel at C00295B9E
Like our facebook page at www.facebook.com/FrozenHumanBlog


For laptops and tabs, 
simply click on the like button on the right to like our facebook page and click on @frozenhuman1 directly below the Facebook box to follow us on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment