Friday 27 May 2016

ADVENTURES OF OVIE EPISODE 6

If you missed episode 1, click HERE
If you missed episode 2, click HERE
If you missed episode 3, click HERE
If you missed episode 4, click HERE
If you missed episode 5, click HERE


Upon getting to my room, I locked my door and lost myself in thoughts of how I met Lilian. Actually, Lilian was a lady everybody in church wanted to talk to. Saying I joined the church choir partly because of her would not be out of place. She had this angelic beauty and voice that every man in the choir was charmed by her beauty. Even the choirmaster was not immune to her charms. The first time we spoke, I thought I was in Heaven. Mesmerized by my skills on the piano, she was moved to strike a conversation with me and one thing led to the other, we started hanging out more often than we should have, we fell in love with each other and I guess you now know the outcome.

I sat on the floor in my room, full of regrets. Regrets for not listening to Lilian telling me to take things slow; regrets for giving up on life and using Lilian as a means of escape, making me selfish; regrets that the first lady I fell in love with would be made to pass through humiliation while I schooled miles away. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I did not have the strength to comfort myself. On the one hand, I was happy I finally gained admission, on the other, I was sad it came after I had made this terrible mistake with Lilian. While still lost in thoughts, I drifted to sleep.

A fierce knock on my door cut my sleep short

ME: Who is there?

NERO: Bros, na me Nero

ME: What do you want this time?

NERO: Bros, papa say make I check if you never kpai yourself

ME: What rubbish, how would I kill myself? I haven’t even slept for up to 10 mins

NERO: Bros, you sure sey you well so? Day dun dark oh. You dun dey this room since. E reach to fear. Papa say make we allow you rest small.

ME: What time is it Nero?

NERO: Na almost 7pm. Dinner dey table for everybody.

ME: I am coming.

I stand from the floor and follow Nero to the dining room.

ME: Good evening papa, good evening mum.

PAPA: Ovie sit down and have dinner. We shall talk after.

After we all ate to our fill and the table had been cleaned up, dad invited the entire family to a very important discussion

PAPA: I invited you all here because we are in a rather delicate situation as a family, all thanks to Ovie. As God would have it, he finally made it to school but not before putting Lilian in the family way. Ovie, are you truly responsible for Lilian’s pregnancy?

ME: Papa, I am not sure. I know I was with her in a rather compromising way some weeks back.

MAMA: So you are telling us all that happened was by accident?

ME: Mama, I won’t call it an accident because we didn’t fall in love by accident

MAMA: If na love you dey talk, oya leave your admission dey pursue love

NERO: Iffahear!! The love never strong reach that one na

PAPA: No one is leaving any admission. Tomorrow, Ovie and I shall go see Lilian’s father to discuss a way forward.

ME: Papa, shey do I have to come?

PAPA: Boy, you put us all in this precarious situation; of course you are coming along.

MAMA: Ovie, no worry. I go join una tomorrow.

NERO: As everybody dey go, me seff for like join oh

Without wasting time, my mum, my dad and I all chorused an emphatic NO!!!!!

Catch the next episode of this adventure next week Friday.

Feel free to drop your comments and contributions.

For mobile phones,

Follow us on twitter @Frozenhuman1
Subscribe to our BBM channel at C00295B9E
Like our facebook page at www.facebook.com/FrozenHumanBlog



For laptops and tabs, 

simply click on the like button on the right to like our facebook page and click on @frozenhuman1 directly below the Facebook box to follow us on Twitter.

1 comment: